Top 10 Tuesday is a book-related blog hop started by brokeandbookish. I’ve seen many of my fellow blogging friends participating in this and I thought I’d join the fun. This week’s topic focuses on: Top Ten Books I’d Love To See As Movies/TV Shows. Typically, Movie or TV adaptations don’t bother me, but I also would like the adaptation to be done well. Here are some books I’d like to see get their own adaptation on a big or small screen.
1. How My Summer Went Up In Flames by Jennifer Salvato Doktorski would make a fantastic summer movie because the story is a big road trip and the romance is lighthearted. Perfect for the summer months!
2. Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor. I love this book and think it would work best as a TV show. I could see Starz or HBO really exploring the world and expanding on some character arcs. If done right, it could be amazing! The author has already created a vivid and magical world. I’d love to see everything come to life.
4. The Starkillers Cycle by Sarah J. Maas and Susan Dennard. Now, this isn’t a full length and formal book, but it’s an amazing Si-Fi story written by two best friends. I think it would make a fantastic TV show. I’m always on the look out for more space/science shows.
5. Landline by Rainbow Rowell. I’ve always loved this author and I’d love to see really any of her books get turned into a movie. This one would be my top pick because it focuses on marriage and problems within one. It’s real. – I also want to see how the magical element gets placed into the film. It’s a very interesting concept.
6. Hopeless and Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover. Look who made the list! Colleen Hoover is actually watching her book Ugly Love get turned into a movie right now, but these are the other two I’d love to see as films.
8. The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater. I’ve seen readers suggest a TV show and I would love that! The stories got such a paranormal and almost haunting vibe, it would be amazing to see on screen every week. But, I adore this book and would want the adaption to be done right. I want to see all the boys and Blue go on their quest to find the magical welsh king Glendower. Someone already started with opening credits. Check this out.
10. A Court of Thorns and Roses and/or Throne of Glass. I’m kind of obsessed with Sarah J. Maas right now. Her stories are action packed with great characters and romances. There are so many directions a film or TV show could go. Make this happen, but only if it’s done right.
11. Bonus: Making Faces by Amy Harmon. Yes, I love this book and I could see it as a movie. However, like all my other choices I really want it to follow the book. Anytime a book is adapted into a movie or film authors are taking a gamble with creative rights. I just hope it turns out well for them. Anyway, This would be a great War/Contemporary movie with a strong message.
Let me know what you think in the comments.